ZAMPOST MICROFINANCE LIMITED (ZMFL) is a subsidiary of ZAMBA POSTAL SERVICES CORPORATION (ZAMPOST) formed with a mission to serve the unbanked and underserved in urban areas with a special focus on rural areas where financial inclusion is extremely low. The vision of ZMFL is to be the biggest microfinance company in Central Africa. The company now requires suitably qualified Zambians to fill the positions below.
Reporting: The General Manager reports to the Postmaster General of ZamPost.
Roles and Responsibilities
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for all aspects of ZamPost Micro Finance Limited. The GM’s role is to ensure the implementation of strategic goals and objectives of ZamPost Micro Finance and to give direction and leadership towards the company’s vision, strategies, goals and objectives. The GMs specific roles include the following:
- Coordinate the development, implementation and review of strategic plan that for ZamPost Micro Finance. Limited.
- Oversees the management of the entire credit management system of ZamPost Micro Finance.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of policies and procedures to mitigate risks faced by the company.
- Effectively manage the human resources of the company according to authorized staff policies and procedures that fully conform to Zambian labour laws.
- Oversee and support the development and implementation of effective Human Resources policies and procedures for recruitment, training and talent development.
- Oversees fund raising activities specifically engaging potential investors.
- The GM is ZamPost Micro Finance principal spokesperson and will help develop and maintain the company’s corporate image representing ZamPost Micro Finance at the relevant regulatory bodies and financial industry leaders.
- Set and achieve financial and operational performance targets for all operations in the areas of branch expansion, sustainability, credit management, portfolio quality, human resources, marketing, product development and branch performance to ensure solid development.
- Ensure accurate and timely quarterly reports to the Board of Directors and monthly reports to the holding company.
Qualifications and Personal attributes
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Banking and Finance and Management or related field. An MBA and/or an appropriate professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of seven (07) years’ experience in a managerial role preferably in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated successful track record in managing an MFI or retail credit institution
- Sound oral and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to supervise a team of professionals and communicate vision and strategy to stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder interests and relationships
Interested candidates should send their applications with detailed curriculum vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com not later than 25th June, 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Director Human Resource
Zambia Postal Service Corporation HQ